Are you Dressed to Impress or Dressed for the Occasion?
by Ps Bill Wilson
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:11
Panoply, comes from the Greek word panoplia, which referred to the full suit of armor worn by "hoplites," heavily armed infantry soldiers of ancient Greece. The word panoply could be defined as ‘complete or impressive display”
The past year can qualify as more than just a rough time. A lot of people had quite a battle and some are still in the fight.
It’s time to Dig Deep!
Deep enough to grab hold of the things God promises to provide us with to get through any battle we face.
Again! Are you Dressed to Impress or Are you Dressed for the Occasion?
Paul writes to the church in Ephesus (Ephesians 6: 14-18) to help us understand what protection is available to us.
- Belt of Truth – We must know the truth to protect ourselves from the world’s plan for our lives. The truth grounds and reminds us of our identity in Christ
- The Breast plate of Righteousness –Proverbs 4:23 is clear “Above all else, Guard your Heart”. Our heart and emotions are intertwined therefore emotions are an indicator of our heart’s condition. Protect your heart by the infilling of the Word of God.
- Shod your feet with the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace – Prepare for the journey ahead. When you plan you have peace and confidence therefore you will be steady and will win battles.
- The Shield of Faith – Our Faith is the invisible force field protection barrier between us and the enemy. Faith is the protection you cannot see but it is there. Like a shield of armor, it can be moved to cover any part of our life in an attack.
- The Helmet of Salvation and the Sword of the Spirit- Protect your mind! In Romans 12:2, Paul writes “And do not conform to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the Renewing of your Mind” We live in an ever changing world, but God remains constant. Renewing our minds must take place daily
- Pray – We are instructed to praying always, with supplication in the Spirit. God is not too Big to Help…Just Ask!
Panoplia! Put on the armor of God. Dress for the Occasion!
Last Thought: And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel – Ephesians 6:19